Healthy Zucchini Breakfast Cookies are a great addition to breakfast or make for a perfect healthy snack. Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and nut-free friendly (just use sunbutter if needed! Quick and easy recipe.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup plant-based protein powder (see notes)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup applesauce or mashed banana
- 1/3 cup creamy nut or seed butter (cashew, almond, sunbutter, etc.)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, water squeezed out
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl mix together oats, protein powder (if using), hemp hearts, chia seeds, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- In medium bowl mix together applesauce, nut or seed butter, honey and vanilla. Add into bowl of dry ingredients along with shredded zucchini; mix with large spoon or sturdy spatula until well combined.
- Using medium cookie scoop or 1/4 cup, scoop dough into ball then shape into flat circle with hands, about 1/2″ thick; place evenly on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
f you’d like to omit, you should be fine to use 1/3 cup more quick oats in place of the protein powder. Let me know if you try this!
- Category: snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast cookies, healthy zucchini recipes, oil free cookies