- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour (see notes)
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup light olive oil (or avocado, melted/cooled coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (such as cashew, oat, soy, etc.)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and line 9 muffin cups with liners; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (except blueberries) until combined.
- Add about half of the dry ingredients to bowl of wet, stir a couple of times, then gently fold in blueberries and remaining dry ingredients.
- Evenly distribute muffin batter into the 9 lined muffin cups, filling almost to the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425ºF, then drop to 350ºF and bake another 12-18-ish minutes. Check muffins at 15 minutes with inserted toothpick for wet batter.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing and placing on wire rack to cool completely.
FLOUR – If using oat flour, use 1 cup and omit milk. The muffins won’t rise as much and they’ll look a little different than what’s pictured, but they’ll still taste great!
SWEETENER – Honey may also be used but muffins will brown a bit more. I do not recommend subbing a dry sweetener as it will affect liquid ratios
TO MAKE VEGAN – Replacing the two large eggs with 2 TBSP flaxseed meal + 1/3 cup of water is a good egg-free substitute.
nutrition approximate, calculated with whole wheat pastry flour, based on 1 out of 9 muffins.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 41mg