- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plant protein powder (I like this one)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 2/3 cup natural nut or seed butter (I love cashew here!)
- 1/4 cup raw honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3–4 TBS non-dairy milk*
- In a large bowl add oats, protein powder, spices, coconut flakes, dried blueberries and chia seeds; stir until combined.
- In a small bowl stir together nut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Use microwave to melt nut butter and sticky sweetener together if necessary.
- Add nut butter mixture to your bowl of dry ingredients, stirring gently with sturdy spatula until mixture comes together. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing until fully combined. Use your hands if necessary to ensure everything is well coated and combined. Let dough ball mixture sit in fridge for 20-30 minutes for easier ball making.
- Once set, using a rounded tablespoon scoop dough and roll into balls. You should get about 24 balls. Store balls in airtight container in the fridge up to 2 weeks, or store in freezer for a longer period of time, about 1-2 months if stored properly.
-Depending on your protein mixture, I suggest adding milk one tablespoon at a time, until mixture is only slightly wet, but thick.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 49
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 1