- 1 2/3 cups oat flour (ground rolled oats or ground quick oats)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease or line 9 cavities of a 12-cup muffin pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mashed banana, oil, eggs and vanilla. Add in half of the flour mixture, stir a few times then add in milk and remaining flour; stir until just combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into 9 muffin cups, filling about 3/4 way full.
- Bake for about 17-20 minutes, until inserted toothpick into center of muffin comes out clean. My muffins took 18 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack. Muffins can be stored at room temperature and best enjoyed within 3-4 days.
TO MAKE OAT FLOUR: Use a food processor, high powered blender or NutriBullet to process rolled or quick oats into flour consistency. Use about 3 cups of oats and you’ll have enough for this recipe, plus these reader favorite cookie dough bars.
TO FREEZE: Store completely cooled muffins in airtight container and freeze up to 3 months. To thaw, place in fridge overnight or you can set out at room temperature. Enjoy thawed muffins within 3-4 days.
Nutrition information approximate
- Serving Size: 1/9
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 208mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 41mg