New favorite snack bar alert –> Banana Bread Date Nut Energy Bars. This copycat recipe tastes identical to the store-bought version. Just three ingredients, vegan, paleo and no sugar added.
- Preheat oven to 325F and place raw nuts on baking sheet. Toast nuts for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Allow toasted nuts to cool on pan for 10 minutes. Toasting is optional but it brings out more flavor.
- In a medium sized bowl cover pitted dates and dried bananas with warm water. Let sit for 3 minutes to soften dates and bananas. Then drain. If dates are really moist, no need to soak. My dried bananas were fairly dried out, so those needed to be soaked for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of your food processor add cooled toasted nuts. Process until they’re in tiny pieces, almost to meal texture. Next add in drained pitted dates and dried bananas, process/pulse until broken down and mixture starts to come together. See photos in post for visual.
- Remove S blade from bowl of processor. Transfer mixture into lined 9×5 loaf pan, or 8×8 baking pan. Press mixture down flat. Transfer pan to freezer for 10 minutes, or fridge for 30 minutes allowing the bars to set. Once set, gently life the parchment paper to remove the bars, placing on cutting board. Use large sharp knife to cut the bars into 12 even squares (or desired number of servings).
- Store bars in airtight container in fridge up to two weeks, or freezer up to 3 months. Enjoy!
-Bars can also be rolled into tablespoon size balls. You should get around 24 balls. Store in fridge or freezer.
-Feel free to add up to 3 servings of collagen peptides, which would be very similar to the Pumpkin Spice Paleo Protein Bars
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banana Bread Date Nut Energy Bars, Date Energy Bars