Put these Bacon Feta Quinoa Stuffed Artichokes on your appetizer menu the next gathering you have! They’re easier than they look, and make for a beautiful presentation
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 globe artichokes
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- olive oil
- Rinse quinoa in fine mesh strainer under cold water. Transfer quinoa to small pot, add water and seasonings plus salt. Bring to boil, then allow quinoa to simmer until water has evaporated–about 15 minutes. Transfer quinoa to medium bowl to cool. Toss in chopped bacon, feta, and parmesan cheese. Set aside
- While the quinoa is simmering, prepare the artichokes: rinse artichokes in cold water and gently scrub leaves with brush. Place artichokes on cutting board. Using large serrated knife, cut about 1″ off the top of the artichoke, and cut the stem off just before the base, so the artichoke stays upright. Rub lemon over leaves and freshly cut artichoke top. Next snip away the pointed parts of the leaves. Gently pull apart the leaves to create room for the stuffing. Watch this video if you need help!
- Start spooning stuffing into the artichokes, around the outer leaves and inner leaves, dividing the stuffing evenly between the artichokes. Place artichokes in baking dish with about 2″ water. Drizzle olive oil over artichokes. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes, until leaves are soft. You can also steam artichokes, or use dutch oven.
- Serve immediately–guests can pull leaves of artichokes out and scoop out stuffing to enjoy.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Amercian
Keywords: Bacon Feta Quinoa Stuffed Artichokes