- 4 ripe medium avocados, pitted and fleshed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup*
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3–4 TBSP non-dairy milk use as much as needed to get thick, smooth consistency.
- In a small food processor bowl or blender cup – add avocado, maple syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla. Begin blending and scraping down the sides of the cup as necessary to get things moving.
- Add milk 1-2 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Scrape around the cup/bowl and blend for an extra 5-10 seconds at the end to make sure the pudding is smooth.
- Top with your favorite whipped topping and chocolate shavings for a special treat.
- This Avocado Chocolate Pudding can be used in dirt cups or as a fruit dip as well!
You can use part honey, part maple syrup if needed. Using all honey may not mask the avocado as well as maple syrup does. I have only tried this recipe with maple syrup, myself.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 29
- Sodium: 98
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 4