Avocado Black Bean Breakfast Sandwich
This Avocado Black Bean Breakfast Sandwich will be your new favorite. The perfect way to start your morning with healthy fats, good carbs and plenty of protein.
- Author: Ashley
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
- favorite bread (sprouted, sourdough, english muffin, wrap)
- handful greens (kale or spinach)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- 2 heaping tablespoons mashed black beans
- 2 heaping tablespoons mashed avocado
- 1 TBS crumbled feta, optional
- Put your choice of bread in toaster on preferred setting.
- On medium heat, sauté greens in frying pan with a little bit of oil, and salt and pepper if you wish. Cook greens until wilted down, or cook longer until slightly crispy. Transfer to plate.
- Cook egg on low-medium heat until egg white is fully cooked but yolk is soft, or cook to your liking, then remove from heat.
- On one piece of toast spread on black beans and top with kale. On other piece of toast spread on mashed avocado and top with feta. Gently transfer cooked egg on top of black bean toast and place the avocado toast on top to make your sandwich.
- Using sharp knife, gently cut sandwich in half, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 321
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 421mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
Keywords: healthy breakfast sandwich, sprouted bread