- 8 cups spring mix salad
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS natural almond butter
- 1.5 TBS pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, add balsamic, almond butter, maple syrup, mustard, and optional apple cider vinegar, salt/pepper to taste in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
(You can also mix in jar with lid and shake vigorously, or use a mini food processor or NutriBullet)
- In large bowl, add salad mix, apple slices, walnuts and goat cheese.
Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve with dinner or have with lunch.
-I used my NutriBullet to make sure the the dressing was well blended.
-If making salad for one portion, dressing will keep fresh in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
-Dressing as written will serve about 4 people, with each serving size 1.5-2 TBS
-Add about 1 TBS of water if you prefer a thinner dressing.
-Salad pairs well with grilled chicken, or balsamic glazed salmon.
-If looking for a vegetarian protein option, lentils, tempeh, and quinoa are all great plant-based sources!
- Serving Size: 1/4th
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 108
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 2