- 2 ounces Tillamook Sharp White Cheddar Cheese Loaf
- 1 TBSP black pepper
- 2 cups chopped lacinato kale
- 1/2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (for lacinato kale)
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup honey roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, cored and thinly sliced
- sprouts (optional)
- Slice two ounces of Tillamook Sharp White Cheddar Cheese Loaf from block and place on cutting board. Sprinkle black pepper on cutting board and roll slice around until cheese is coated on all sides. Slice into 1/4″ slices/chunks; set aside.
- Place chopped lacinato kale on cutting board and drizzle extra virgin olive oil; rub kale between fingers giving the leaves a massage (just trust me – it helps take away the bitterness). Combine oiled kale and baby kale in bowl.
- Add honey roasted hazelnuts, dried cherries, apple slices, sprouts and peppered white cheddar cheese slices into bowl of kale; gently toss and serve with dressing of choice. I used this tahini dressing.
To prepare fresh hazelnuts, I followed these instructions.
To roast peeled hazelnuts: place 1/2 cup dried hazelnuts on lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey, mix with hands to coat and add dash of salt. Bake at 325ºF for 10-15 minutes, until hazelnuts are golden and fragrant.