- dry ingredients:
- 1 container Modern Oats, Just Oatmeal* (heaping half cup of rolled oats)
- 1/2–1 TBS coconut sugar (to taste)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- wet ingredients:
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1.5 TBS almond butter
- 1 TBS coconut oil*, melted
- ⅛ tsp almond extract (adds great flavor, but vanilla is fine)
- 1 TBS shredded coconut
- 1 TBS mini chocolate chips
- In a small blender add Modern Oats Just Oatmeal, coconut sugar, baking soda, and pinch of salt. Blend until oats resemble coarse flour (about 5 seconds if using NutriBullet).
- Add in almond milk, almond butter, coconut oil, and almond extract. Blend until batter forms, about another 5-10 seconds.
- Transfer batter into well greased 8-12oz mug, stir in coconut and chocolate chips. Microwave mug cake for 1-2 minutes. Share if you’re feeling generous, and enjoy!
*Any mild flavored oil will work, you do not need to use coconut oil. Also, you may sub the coconut oil for 1-2 TBS applesauce or mashed banana if you’re looking for a lower fat option. But I found I much preferred the texture of oil.
*You can also pour the batter into the Modern Oats container and bake for 1-2 minutes in microwave.