- 2 cups almond flour (made from blanched almonds, not almond meal)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 small extra ripe bananas, equal to 1 cup mashed/pureed
- 3 TBS coconut sugar (or sub other dry sweetener; optional –see notes)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBS avocado oil (or olive)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 8×4 medium loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl add almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl whisk together mashed banana and sugar (if using). Then whisk in eggs, oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients, using spatula to stir. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, topping with more chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Bake banana bread for 20 minutes uncovered, then add foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent the top from browning too quickly. My bread took roughly 40 minutes but check the middle for done-ness with toothpick after 35 minutes just to be sure.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before lifting from the parchment paper to remove bread. Slice into 10 slices and ENJOY!
*Option to omit sugar for less sweet bread. I suggest using super ripe bananas if leaving out granulated sweetener. Use coconut sugar for paleo or dry granulated sweetener of choice
I did not test this recipe with other flours, see links in post for suggestions.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
Keywords: paleo banana bread, baking with almond flour, healthy banana bread