- 2 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour (from blanched almonds)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil (sunflower, avocado, melted/cooled coconut)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey (see notes)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
- sliced almonds for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line 12-cup muffin pan or spray with oil; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together oil, maple syrup, vanilla, milk and apple cider vinegar. Add in eggs – whisk until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to bowl of wet, and as mixture comes together, fold in blueberries.
- Evenly distribute batter into 12-cup muffin pan (about 3/4 way full). Top with more blueberries and almond slices if you’d like.
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Muffins will keep at room temperature in airtight container about 3 days. Or place covered in fridge about 4-5 days.
Recipe adapted from my Paleo Lemon Blueberry Bread
Nutrition information approximate.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 224
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g