- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line 12-cup muffin pan or spray with oil; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla and mashed banana. (Add sugar here too, if using.)
- Add dry ingredients to bowl of wet, and as mixture comes together, fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute batter into 12-cup muffin pan (about 3/4 way full). Top with more chocolate chips if you’d like.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!
*If your bananas are not very ripe, you’ll probably want to add about 1/4 cup of sugar here. The darker the bananas, the more flavorful and sweeter the muffins.
SUBBING TAPIOCA FLOUR: Using tapioca flour will be best but if you’re in a pinch you can use the same amount of arrowroot starch/flour. You can also sub 2.5 tablespoons with similar results.