- 3/4 almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- I used this recipe and cut in half. See notes for paleo version
- 1/3 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (about 2oz chopped)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and generously grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat egg on medium speed. Add in almond butter, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda. Mix together on medium speed until fully combined. Mixture will feel thick and sticky.
- Scoop 1/2 tablespoon of dough into well greased mini muffin pan and press down gently to fill the cavity. You should be able to fill all 24 cups. Bake for 6-7 minutes. Dough will puff up slightly when baking. Remove pan from oven and using back of teaspoon, create indents into the cookie cups. Allow cups to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing.
- Meanwhile, make the marshmallow fluff and melt chocolate using stovetop method or microwave.
- Transfer cooled cookie cups to baking sheet. Using small spoon, fill cookie cups with marshmallow fluff (you will likely have to use your finger to scoop the fluff into the cookie cups). Next cover in melted chocolate, about 1/2 tsp or so. Drizzle or cover the fluff completely. Allow chocolate to set at room temperature, or place in fridge for 5-10 minutes. These little cookie s’mores cups are now ready to go!
For paleo-friendly marshmallow fluff, you could make this recipe through step 5 (just use the cream and don’t put in pan), but I have not tested this exact version myself.
You will likely have leftover marshmallow fluff. You could make a double batch of these cookies, or store in fridge up to two weeks.
Cookies may be stored at room temperature up to 3 days fresh, or in fridge up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 64
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 39mg