- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup pure egg white protein
- 18 large medjool dates, pitted (10 ounces)
- 2–4 TBS water
optional flavor add-ins:
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of your food processor, process almonds, cashews, and egg white protein until nuts have broken down into small pieces. If using additional flavors (I used cinnamon and ginger here) add them with the first step.
- Add in pitted dates and process until combined–the mixture will look a little dry. With the motor running about 1 tablespoon of water at a time until mixture is sticky and everything comes together. Depending on if your dates were juicy or dry, you may need less or more water.
- Once mixtures has come together and is sticky, transfer to lined 8×8 pan. Use slightly wet hands to press evenly into pan. I use his fun little pastry roller to make it extra flat.
- Place pan in fridge for 1 hour, or freezer for 30 minutes before cutting into bars. Use large sharp knife and cutting board, cutting bars into 12 or 16 squares. Enjoy!
Bars can be enjoyed at room temperature but keep best in fridge. Store bars in covered container, with parchment paper in between layers. Bars should last about 2 weeks, or freezer about 3 months.
- Category: snacks
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 22
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 9
Keywords: paleo protein bar, copycat rxbar, whole30 protein bar