- 11–12 medjool dates (1 cup packed), pitted and soaked for 5 minutes, drained.
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup quality dark chocolate chips, about 6 ounces
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper, or use a silicone pan and place on baking sheet, set aside. You may also use an 8×8 square pan, your base will just be thinner.
- In a food processor add drained/pitted dates and nuts. Process until dates and nuts have broken down, and only small pieces of nuts can be seen. Mixture should be sticky.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan, pressing evenly into all corners and press down flat. I like this roller.
- Using stovetop and small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour over bars and spread evenly.
- Place bars in freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate layer to set, or fridge for a about 30 minutes. Remove bars from pan and place on cutting mat for easier slicing. Using knife, gently slice into bars.
Storing – Bars can be kept at room temperature but best enjoyed within one week. If storing in fridge, enjoy within two weeks.
Nutrition approximate, based on 1/12. Feel free to cut into smaller portions for bite-sized treats.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0mg