- 1/2 TBS ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 medium head broccoli, chopped, about 3–4 cups
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 13.5oz canned coconut milk* (full-fat is best, but lite also works)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk (Whole30 compliant)
- 3 TBS red curry paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce, optional but adds authentic taste
- 1 heaping tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne, or to taste
- 1 large head cauliflower
- cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in ghee or coconut oil, minced garlic and diced onion. Stir frequently about 2 minutes. Next add chicken breast chunks to pot and stir. Cover with lid and allow chicken to cook until white on the outside (it doesn’t need to be fully cooked).
- Once chicken breast is slightly cooked, add chopped broccoli and bell peppers. Next, gently pour in canned coconut milk, unsweetened almond or cashew milk. Then add curry paste, fish sauce, turmeric, salt, and cayenne. Gently stir until evenly combined. Allow mixture to come to a simmer on medium-high heat, then simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Veggies should be slightly soft and chicken cooked through when done.
- While pot is simmering, make cauliflower rice: Chop head of cauliflower into large pieces, then add to blender or food processor. Process until cauliflower is in bite sized pieces. You may need to do this in batches depending on size of appliance used.
- Transfer cauliflower rice into serving bowls. Use large serving spoon to serve red curry into bowls and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
*If you don’t have coconut milk on hand, replace it with half a can coconut cream diluted with 3/4 cup water. You can also omit the coconut milk all together and use all nut milk. Just note the curry will not be as creamy.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker Nutrition approximate, based on 6 servings. Does not include cauliflower rice.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 552mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 67mg