These Triple Chocolate Avocado Muffins are going to be your new healthy favorite! Made with coconut flour, avocado, and dairy-free chocolate chips, these muffins are gluten-free and paleo-friendly. With only 6 grams of fat, plus 4 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber to help keep you satisfied. Perfect for any time of day!
I’m so excited! And I just can’t hide it. ? (I’m about to lose control and I think I like it…) You know what else pops into my head when I start singing that song? That scene from Saved By the Bell with Jessie… I KNOW some of you know what I’m talking about. That TV show was literally one of my absolute favorites growing up. I mean, HELLO ZACK MORRIS. I may have been a tad young when it originally aired, but I would watch all the reruns in the morning before school. I’ve probably seen them at least half a dozen times. Not even kidding. Gosh I loved that show… Maybe I’ll start that up again in place of Dexter… kidding. Kind of ?
But I am legitimately excited to share these muffins with you all! They are ssoooo chocolately and sooo good and NO, you cannot taste the avocado thank-you-very-much. They’re made with coconut flour so they’re gluten/grain-free and also high in fiber! I was so impressed when I calculated the macro-nutrition on these bad boys. Only six grams of fat, four grams of natural protein (that’s right, I did NOT add protein powder to this recipe), and five grams of fiber! These muffins are made with such wholesome ingredients I can’t help but get excited, guys. And they taste AMAZING.
If you’re skeptical of baking with avocados, DON’T BE. You won’t taste the the avocado at all, especially with triple chocolate up in hurr. Not only did I use cacao powder (unsweetened cocoa powder may be subbed) and lots of mini chocolate chips, but I also used Silk’s Chocolate Cashew Milk. Why? Because my friend Christina definitely inspired me to buy some non-dairy chocolate milk after she posted her Chocolate Chip Coffee Muffins. I don’t typically buy chocolate milk too often, but I figured, #treatyoself.
This is only my second time that I can think of that I’ve used avocados for healthy baking, but it certainly won’t be the last. After seeing Davida’s recipe for Healthy Chocolate Chip Avocado Muffins, it gave me the motivation and inspiration to get back to it again. Her recipe looks AH-mazing, and can also be made gluten-free!
You know what else is great about these muffins? The fact that they take less than 30 minutes from start to finish! You will NOT be disappointed when you’ve made these and your snacks are all accounted for this week. Trust me, my fridge is full of these guys and I can’t wait to dive in! And by “can’t wait”, I mean I didn’t actually wait and ate two while taking these pictures…
Moist and delicious, they are going to be JUST what I need in the afternoon when my chocolate attack hits. I know there are others out there that feel me on this one. (Hi, little sister ?)
ONE more little note about these chocolate avocado muffins. As you can see I used muffin liners, purely for the fact that I had red muffin liners to use and it’s February, #foodbloggerproblems. No lies here. But I make a comment in the notes section of the recipe that I HIGHLY recommend greasing a muffin pan or silicone pan. Some of my muffins were a tad stubborn coming out of the liners. So to ensure you’re getting all of the deliciousness, I would definitely grease a muffin pan! Okay, now make these ?
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 medium avocado, mashed (1/2 - ⅔ cup)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or dry sweetened of choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate cashew or almond milk (or your choice of non-dairy milk)
- ⅓ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a muffin pan. Set aside
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, cacao (or cocoa) powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until combined and no lumps of coconut flour or cacao powder are present. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add mashed avocado, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, gently fold in dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients, add in milk and gently stir until everything is combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Using large cookie scoop, evenly disperse batter into greased muffin pan, about ⅔ of the way full. You should get about 12 muffins.
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes. Check middle of muffins with toothpick. Muffins will be done when the toothpick comes out with little to no crumbs.
-Store muffins in airtight container in fridge up to 5 days fresh.
Hope you guys get inspired like I did and make some muffins this week!
OH. Did you guys watch the Superbowl last night? I was… meal prepping, ha. And then I kept going back into the living room to see if the halftime show was on. And thankfully I caught just about all of it, because it was pretty freaking awesome. I just love Bruno Mars, and Beyoncé (duh). And ya know, Coldplay is alright too I guess.? The ending was actually really cool though and it gave me chills #BelieveInLove
Happy Muffin Monday ? ❤️????
Like this recipe? Pin it for later