These Chocolate Dipped Raspberry Macaroons make the perfect healthy treat! Made with unsweetened shredded coconut, maple syrup, freeze-dried raspberries and dark chocolate. Simple ingredients, quick, easy plus vegan and paleo.
Yes, I am sharing MORE CHOCOLATE with you because there is a certain red and pink themed holiday just around the corner…
Valentine’s Day. Obviously.
And while I am not one for going over the top on Valentine’s Day, I still like to supply some homemade chocolate goodies. And what kind of food blogger would I be if I didn’t share some kind of dessert featuring the color pink or red to celebrate this lovey dovey holiday?
I opted for macaroons because… Hmm why did I opt for macaroons? I don’t recall. It’s been a long week, folks…
ANYWAYS, I do remember I had tested a batch of chocolate macaroons ages ago and they were the perfect healthier treat. And for some reason I never got around to making macaroons again until now. Maybe it’s that macaroons just FEEL RIGHT this time of year, you know?
What you need
finely shredded unsweetened coconut
pure maple syrup
chia seeds + non-dairy milk
dairy-free dark chocolate
This particular recipe is even easier than a traditional macaroon recipe because there is zero baking involved. My goal for this little treat was to keep things as simple as possible for you. So all you need is one bowl for the ingredients, a tablespoon to shape the mixture, and a dipping bowl for the chocolate.
Once all of your ingredients are combined you pack the mixture into a tablespoon and place them on a baking sheet, then transfer to the freezer.
After the macaroons have chilled, you dip them in chocolate and drizzle away. The chilled macaroons also make the chocolate set super quick… which means they’re ready to eat almost immediately 😀
These Chocolate Dipped Raspberry Macaroons have a natural sweetness from the coconut, a little tang from the freeze-dried raspberries, and rich bite from the dark chocolate. It’s such a good combo!
May I also mention they’re actually fairly healthy? You’ve got healthy fats from the coconut, they’re naturally sweetened using maple syrup, and then of course antioxidants from the dark chocolate…
So have at ’em!
- for the macaroons
- 2 TBS white chia seeds + ⅓ cup coconut, almond, or cashew milk
- 3 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut (finely shredded)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 TBS extra virgin coconut oil, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 34gfreeze-dried raspberries
- chocolate coating
- 1 cup (about 6oz)dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine chia seeds with water, set aside for 5 minutes until thick gel forms.
- In a large mixing bowl add shredded coconut, maple syrup, softened coconut oil, vanilla and the chia seed gel. Mix well with large spoon or sturdy spatula until combined. Gently fold in freeze-dried raspberries.
- Using a slightly rounded tablespoon, firmly pack coconut mixture into the tablespoon very tightly, then gently transfer onto lined baking sheet. Continue this method until all the coconut mixture has been used up. You should get roughly 24 or so macaroons. Pop in freezer for 5-10 minutes before you prepare the chocolate.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl add chocolate chips with coconut oil. Melt in 15 second increments, stirring between until chocolate is fully melted.
- Once the macaroons have fully chilled, dip the bottoms of the macaroons into the chocolate and set on lined baking sheet. Then you can go back over and drizzle the tops of the macaroons with more chocolate. The chocolate should set fairly quickly but you can pop the tray back in the freezer to speed up the process.
- Once the chocolate has set on the macaroons, gently remove the macaroons from the tray by pulling back the parchment paper. And they're ready to eat!
*If you make this recipe (or any from the blog!) don’t forget to tag me so I can see! I love seeing what you’ve made 🙂
Facebook: Fit Mitten Kitchen
Pinterest: [Ashley] Fit Mitten Kitchen
Save this recipe for later and pin it
NOTE: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Purchasing products listed through the links comes at no extra charge to you, but I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Fit Mitten Kitchen!