These Avocado Basil Pesto Zucchini Noodles from the Healthy Glow Guide are going to be a staple in your household.
Oh hey there friends! I will say 2017 is off to a great start… I mean we’re only on day 3 but let’s just keep being positive, okay? I’ve been getting up for morning workouts all three days (and four tomorrow for sure) to start off my day with good ole endorphins. My goal this year is to get back into a consistent routine for working out. After moving and not getting a gym membership, I haven’t been strength-training as much as I would like to. I miss basic lifting. But this year my goal is to get in 3-4 FLEXcity workouts a week, plus at least 2 weight-training sessions at home. I know I feel at my best when I can get in those workouts, you know?
Speaking of workouts… today I am sharing something really awesome with you. Lee of Fit Foodie Finds and Monique of Ambitious Kitchen have started a new company called The Healthy Glow Collective. It was born from their Summer Sweat Series, made into its own unique brand. I did both of the Summer Sweat Series in 2015 and 2016 and had such a blast with the community. I remember the first summer my younger sister was doing it with me. I was in PA, she was in MI. We’d be texting each other when we both got to our gyms, basically stating how tired we were during and after the workouts.
Now Lee and Monique have created healthyglow.co–based on a shared, balanced approach to health that’s free from guilt or restriction. Their signature program — the Healthy Glow Guide — is a multi-week, flexible plan dedicated to providing you with the tools you need to feel and look your best, including workouts, meal plans, grocery lists and motivation from your favorite healthy food bloggers. They’ve given me a firsthand look at what their new community and guide is all about. And I am seriously blown away at the value in this program, you guys. Check out their awesome video too!
The Glow Guide is divided into 3 sections
1) Weekly Meal Plans and Workouts: Introductory info on how to use the Guide, get involved with the community as well as comprehensive meal plans, grocery lists and workouts organized by week.
2) Recipes and Nutrition Appendix: 85+ recipes corresponding to each item in the meal plan and a complete breakdown of nutrition information by recipe. We’re excited to share that the majority of our recipes are naturally gluten-free! We’ve also included icons to help users identify gluten-free and dairy-free recipes to suit their individual dietary preferences.
3) Exercise Library: Step-by-step breakdown of all exercises featured in the weekly workouts for users who need more detailed instruction.
The Healthy Glow Guide is available for purchase for $64. If you purchase before January 7th, you will receive access to their video library + 4 bonus bodyweight workouts as a free gift (valued at $15). Make sure to join ASAP so you can complete the guide as a group with the Facebook community! The 6-week program starts January 8th. 🙂
Oh and don’t forget about all of the delicious food! Lee and Monique share a huge love of food-obviously, they both run hugely successful blogs with loads of great recipes–so you can bet there will be amazing recipes in the meal guide. These Avocado Basil Pesto Zucchini Noodles are just one of the many delicious recipes you’ll get to make. Use the instructions below and make these zucchini noodles to enjoy with your next meal!
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 small lemon)
- 3 tablespoons water, plus more if necessary
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese*
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- Use a julienne peeler, mandolin or spiralizer and spiralize the zucchini into noodles. Add noodles to a large bowl.
- Add basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped. Add in water and process again until completely smooth. You may need to add more water to get it to your desired consistency; I like mine a little on the thicker side. Transfer to a bowl with the zucchini noodles and toss the noodles until they are well coated.
- Top with tomatoes and fresh parmesan, if desired. Serve room temperature or chilled.
- Store in an airtight container or sealed mason jar and refrigerate. Pesto is best if used within a few days, otherwise you can freeze it for several months.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!
Tag @fitmittenkitchen and hashtag #fitmittenkitchen
I shared with you all that I am doing the Whole30 this month so I won’t be diving deep into their meal plan just yet. (I WILL be making these zucchini noodles though ASAP–sans the parm.) However come February 1st I can’t wait to start introducing some different foods back into my life and use their guide to make meal planning and grocery shopping 10 times easier. And of course their workouts. I love the format of these workouts!